Sunday, March 14, 2004

Seven of us gathered to do what is becoming a standard ride from Columbia down to Maeystown. Once again this week, the winds were mainly from the North, making the return trip more challenging. I felt strong. My guess is the legs were sufficiently worked during the race yesterday and today were fresh. In the last few miles. Jeff, Aaron J and Joe W all went for a sprint to a road sign. I gave a half-hearted effort while Joe F was behind me a little. As they eased up, following the sprint I just kept the pace high and rode right past them. With the four of them behind me, I expected they would start a paceline and begin to reel me in. At the first turn I looked over my shoulder and I still had at least a hundred yards so I kept pushing the pace. There are days when everything feels good. The breathing, pedal stroke, etc all come together and you feel fast. Not until the last little rise before the turn onto Valmeyer Rd did I look back. When I did, there was no paceline, just Aaron even further back than before, followed to 2 or 3 others. I cruised into the parking lot with a very satisfied feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home