Friday, December 09, 2005

I continue to vegetate and have not touched the bike since Saturday. I worked on the bike a little more today. Getting the rear brake cable was a bitch and a half. No wonder the rear brake ceased to work for the last few times I rode. It was so gunked up with what I guess was rust that I could not pull the darn thing through plastic covering. After a titanic struggle I worked around the stuck cable and got the cable and brake levers off in a different way that I really dont feel like trying to explain. I've got the new levers on but the cables from Jay's bike don't fit on my bike so I will have to buy some new cables. Once the cables are installed, all that is left is getting the derailleurs adjusted all that is left is putting the cassette on my wheel and installing a 10-speed chain. Oh yeah, and getting new pedals since my right pedal has had its threads stripped for the last 2.5 yrs and could not be removed from the crank.

Viewpoint: Most surprising Grand Tour performance George Hincapie - Stage 15 of the Tour de France. Having anyone other than Armstrong win a Tour stage was improbable, but to have George win the hardest stage after 5 climbs and a finish on top of an HC climb was completely unexpected. Because Armstrong was in yellow he didn't have to work all day. That is, if you consider climbing five mountains in a day at any pace not working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home