Friday, June 15, 2007

Things just are not going my way. A week and a half after coming down with an awful cold I finally got back on the bike this evening for a little spin. My intention was to ride for one hour. Nothing hard at all. Just a spin.

It felt good to be back on the bike. That's not to say I felt good on the bike. The legs still knew how to pedal, however, so that's something to build on. Tomorrow morning's ride in Columbia could be ugly be I will give it a go.

I said earlier that my intention was to ride for an hour. Twenty minutes into the ride I got flat. Of course, there was no need for me to take a spare tube because the freakin' pump I bought just before the trip was broken when I bought it. Decisions, decisions. Do I hoof it the 3+ miles back home or roll on the flat? That's not much of a decsion in my book and I kept on rolling... slowly... very slowly.

After making it back home I find that the rim tape is wasted so I have to make a trip to the bike shop for some nice new Velox tape. New Velox tape is a strange pleasure of mine. There's something about installing that nice, new, fresh cloth that is very satisfying. After that, I tweaked my handlebars from the crooked and crazily pointed position they were in. Remind me not to rebuild a bike again while hopped-up on Dayquil.

Strange headline and story of the day... maybe the year
Multi-penised, six-legged, two-anused piglet given silly name
Thursday, June 14, 2007

A piglet in Croatia born with six legs and two penises has been nicknamed Octopig by his owner.

The farmer, Ivica Seic from the village of Vrpolje, said Octopig also has two anuses.

He said that the pig was growing so fast that they had decided to keep him as a pet, daily newspaper Vecernji List reported.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home