Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Few things humble a person as much as trying a new activity for the first time.  Last night was one such occasion.  I took my finely tuned, cycling specialized body to a plyometric and core strengthening class.  I am riding fairly well these days.  Well enough to challenge your average 60 yr old grandma with arthritis.  Given that level of fitness you would think the legs would be strong enough to withstand a workout focused on the legs.  
 
After about 10 minutes it became clear that this class was going to be painful.  This morning I am hobbling around like I had an unfortunate meeting with Kathy Bates.  The jumping, leaping and hopping has left my thighs and butt a quivering mass of soreness.  I think the class clearly has benefits.  I'm not sure this is the ideal time to be starting the workouts but, if I can walk normally again by Thursday, I think I will give it another shot.


Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we give. Learn more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home