Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Motivation

Sunday's race my last race of the season... almost. Suddenly, after racing every weekend since the middle of September, I am faced with three weeks before the next race. It's a small race called US Cyclocross Nationals.

My plans were to get some really good, solid training and be in as good a form as I possibly could since I will be racing well above my level of ability. Instead, this week is turning into rest week. I haven't touched the bike.

Monday was my birthday and my body was feeling the effects of 11 hrs at Sunday's race doing course setup, racing and course tear down.

Tuesday I normally go to Spinning but the boss is on vacation and I am the one that work would call if there are problems. I thought it would be best to stay home and be near the computer. Yes, I could have ridden the trainer but I watched Bridesmaids, instead.

Tonight, I fell asleep at 7pm

Tomorrow, I have other plans. Unless I am able to sneak in a quick ride after work, it will be another off day.

Yes. Training is going VERY well.

I do want to ride. I really do. With any luck, this time off will rekindle enough motivation to take me through the next few weeks of training and get me to Nationals in good form.

Friday I will ride. Promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home