Sunday, November 13, 2005

Saturday morning I rode in Columbia with a group of six others. It was rather easy, since we had some newer riders and three inexperienced fixies. The biggest difficulty yesterday was the wind which got stronger but served as a tailwind for most of the way except for a couple of the finishing stretches along the golf course and on bluff rd. We kept the ride short and only rode to rte. 156. The road that goes through Valmeyer. Since half of the riders were on the fixed gear I didn't shift at all and stayed in my 39x16. I could coast when I wanted but was outgeared by everyone. I was spinning like a madman at times, especially when we had the tailwind, cruising at 24-25mph.

Afterward, we ate at Tequila's. Not a bad restaurant. My tamale was milder than expected but the menu did say it was mild so I got what was advertised. The refried beans, which normally don't do a lot for me, were tasty and the rice was good. A pretty good lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home