Saturday, July 15, 2006

Fantasy Update:

Jessica Alba walks into the room wearing... whoops thats a different fantasy. Stage 11 was good to me with Landis scoring big and taking the overall lead. Leipheimer finally lived up to expectations and earned me some nice points as well. Sastre was solid. Mayo, however, officially gave my team a kick in the gut with his spiritless abandon of the race. Still, I made a powerful move up into 460th

My good GC positions gave good points in Stage 12 along with Ballan sneaking into the successful breakaway. Again I moved up in the overall into 334th place

Stage 13 was dominated by the long breakaway again. I had no representation there so I was left fighting for the lesser sprint points for the days stage and scored okay as the GC didn't change much. I dropped slightly to 352nd

Predictions for Stage 14 into Gap: Needs to be someone who can climb a little since a Cat 2 climb comes shortly before the finish and still is far enough down on GC that the main guns won't chase too hard. You won't see a Phonak or Caisse d'Epargne rider try any late minute attack. I could someone like Simoni or Cunego, Garzelli, Gerrans of AG2r, Martinez of Discovery,

If the race comes down to a sprint I'd go with Freire or Zabel because there is a good chance Boonen and McEwen may not make be able to stick with the leaders up the final climb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home