Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Monday afternoon I was watching the evening news and they had a small clip from a news conference earlier in the day with Anna Kournikova, who was in town for a WTT event. Everybody has their tastes but I think most would say she was at least above average in the looks department. This news clip only showed her face and, as I watched, I kept thinking she looked different somehow. This morning the P-D had a story on the tennis matches and a good sized photo of Anna from the very top of thighs, upward. The woman has to be anorexic. There were bones sticking out everywhere on her upper body. Bony shoulders, bony elbows, skinny arms. Even the small amount of her legs that showed looked skinny. She looked very bad. I have pieced together some then (on top) and now (on bottom) pictures. Click to enlarge. That is a disturbing change.



I have not seen today stage up Alpe d'Huez yet but from what I read Landis stamped his authority today. Kloden obviously did well. Schleck did well to hang on. I didn't picture him as a man for the high mountains but he apparently does pretty well. Good to see Cunego go well.

I'm skipping the Worlds tonight. The temps are too damn hot to beat myself up. I'm going to ride the trainer and watch today's stage. The trainer in summer kind of sucks but I will be able to do some focused work that I have not been doing lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home