Sunday, June 17, 2007

What was the good news about Saturday's ride? One: Parker is back on his bike and looking fit. Two: I didn't get a flat

That about sums it up.

Roughly two hours into the ride, Giuseppe and Patrice attacked a typical small hill in So. IL. I hopped on their wheels... for a while. Two-thirds of the way up my body sprung a leak. I creeped over the top and my body said "No mas". The rest of the way every little rise was a chore. The last two hills did me in. Steppig(?) softened me up and the D Rd threw me down and kicked me in the arse.

This was a sobering ride. It's amazing how badly a cold can affect the body. My fitness is way down, my strength is down, everything that can be down, is down. I have serious doubts about racing Webster Groves next weekend. Maybe some consistent riding this week will put me back to where I was a couple weeks ago, climbing big mountains without too much trouble, instead of struggling over a hundred foot climb.

To make this weekend even better I had to monitor the computers at work. Unfortunately, programs didn't run the smoothest. As an added bonus I had the "pleasure" of talking three times between midnight and 1am with two Indian or Pakistani folk named "Chip" and "Benny" about why they couldn't send us a file. This has not been a good weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was off for a couple of weeks with some sort of virus that had me in bed for the majority of the time. My fitness went way backwards. I plan on lining up at Webster though. We can help each other punch tickets.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home