Wednesday, January 02, 2008

In yesterday's post I forgot to mention Vantournot as a potential winner of the Belgian CX Championships this weekend.
---------------------
The I-64 shutdown began this morning. The local news stations were in full panic preparation mode by starting the morning newscasts at 4:30. Why? Because they could.

Nobody is heading to work at that time and it is 2-2.5 hrs before the morning rush hour, but that won't stop them from having non-stop webcam images of nothing going on. How much of a non-story was the shutdown? At one point of the newscast, they turned the camera from the nothingness on the highway to a raccoon scampering across an open field.

The non-event continued this evening. There was still nothing to report but Channel 4 continued to have reported live remotes from reporters desperately trying to pump up camera images of typical road traffic on their expanded news coverage from 5-6:30pm. That way they can claim to have the most complete coverage of the I-64 shutdown because, as their slogan states, Channel 4 News "Never Stops".
---------------------
During the trip to Italy, the latch on my camera's battery cover broke off. Most of the time the cover manages to barely hold the batteries in place. Sometimes, it does not. Regardless, this has made taking pictures a little more difficult as I feel compelled to hold the latch in place while taking pictures. It is not a big deal, but it is awkward. Often I have not felt like dealing with the hassle.

Anyway, I got to thinking I haven't posted many photos lately. I hope to start taking more pictures and post them here. They will not necessarily be cycling related but will be a little slice of what my eyes see. The photos may not even be good, especially after I shrink the images, although I think I take some decent pictures.

This is a small christmas tree in the windowless inner sanctum known as my office

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home