Thursday, January 10, 2008

Wednesday night I cleaned my bike up. This past weekend was nice and warm but the roads were moist from overnight rains and the bike was filthy. After a decent cleaning I set about changing my bike position.

Sunday, while stopped in Haute Arrete, I mentioned to Giuseppe that I was plodding along and didn't feel comfortable on the bike. I don't have an explanation why other than having to adjust the saddle a few times in recent weeks because the seat bolt seemed to loosen and causing the saddle to move. Each time, I would move it back to something that seemed about right but never checked. It was purely an eyeball adjustment

As far as I know the setup was close to what I have usually ridden but I didn't like the feel so I made big changes. Pushed the saddle wayyyy back and dropped it a bit.

Tonight, I did an hour with a few 5 minute efforts. I'm not raving about the position but it was okay. I will give it a few rides on the road and see how the body reacts. Better to make the change in January than in June.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home