Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This weekend was partially wasted in terms of riding. I did get out with the guys on Saturday morning. Naturally, that was the portion of the weekend that was dark and damp. Actually, it wasn't so bad. Just a little drizzle at the very start and very end of the ride. Good aggressive riding. I rode pretty well and shut down attacks with aplomb. I had moved my saddle forward a little on Wednesday because I felt sluggish. I could wind up a gear but had very little 'jump'. The moved seemed to work.

The next 37 hours were spent either at work or monitoring, from home, what was going on at work. It was so frustrating not being outside on such a spectacular Sunday.

Last night's race was good. I felt comfortable all night and moved up in the field when I wanted. For the most part, I didn't do much except for trying to chase down a four man break. That didn't quite work out but it was worth the effort.

After the race Ryan wanted to know who I was going to pick for Fleche Wallonne. Like the post before this, I mentioned Cunego and Dekker and said I wasn't sure about the third guy. One person I mentioned was Gesink, but Ryan poo-pooed that idea asked if Andy Schleck was racing. He was and I let him plant that oh-so-wrong thought in my head.

The Cunego pick worked out. He was the top placed rider that I was allowed to pick. That's a victory of sorts.

Thomas Dekker finished fifth. Good pick.

Andy Schleck finished..... waaaayyyyyyy down. Nice pick Ryan! In all fairness, Schleck put himself in the early, long breakaway so he actually rode well. Once he got caught, he must have just rolled in to the finish.

I will not mention that Robert Gesink finished fourth which means I could have picked the top 3 riders that hadn't finished top 10 before. If I were to mention that fact, it might embarrass Ryan and I wouldn't want to do that. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, well squishety-slap, squishety-slap, squishety-slap, squishety-slap, squishety-slap, squishety-slap, squishety-slap, squishety-slap and don't forget to thank your moms for last night, we had a great time.

Hey great job on your picks. I have learned my place and will keep my pie hole shut.

Looks like this might be your weekend for a win!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home