Wednesday, January 05, 2011

New starts

2011 marks a fresh start, hopefully, for this site. 2011 also marks a new chapter in my cycling "career". For 18 years, from 1993 through 2010, I rode for the same team. Sponsors changed a little over the years, but there was one continuous line from Rockits, to Big Shark, to Michelob Ultra/Big Shark.

My time has been long, satisfying, frustrating, sometimes painful but ultimately a lot of fun. Why else would I have stayed for 18 years. But, sometimes you need a fresh start.

I now move to a small team mostly made up of people with whom I have ridden with varying degrees of regularity over the past years. We are all older riders, maybe a tiny bit wiser and can hopefully use our smaller team size to work cohesively and create opportunities for ourselves. Or, maybe we will get squashed like a grape by a Surly Pugsley.

Let the experiment begin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home