Sunday, January 01, 2012

Countdown to Nationals

Six days to CX Nationals. I followed up yesterday's 53 miles with another road ride of about 52 miles. It was a terribly windy day.

Giuseppe and I chose to head into the wind for the first half of the ride. It was a grind. Particularly with my right shifter not working properly in cold weather. Rather than risking getting stuck in a gear I did not want I did the whole ride in the 17t cog. It was a reasonable gear except for long, steeper hills.

The turnaround point at Clayton and 109 was more than welcome. The rest of the ride was considerably easier but the legs were growing weary in the last few miles

This evening, after putting my feet up and wearing compression tights, the legs are feeling pretty good right now. I'm undecided what to do tomorrow. Maybe a light spin on the cross bike with a few efforts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home