Sunday, December 12, 2004

Rode from Columbia to Maeystown this morning. 53 miles today since we came back Bluff Rd. Aaron and Mark were hurting and were looking to cut it a little shorter. The wind in typical fashion was a headwind both ways.

I used the fixed gear and it was good. That ride is so flat I didn't notice a big difference in my riding because even with a geared bike you rarely coast over there. The only thing was not being able to shift. My legs do feel a little stiff right now but if could be not riding most the week as it is from the fixed gear.

News Item of the Day: According to Italian website tuttobiciweb.it, Ukrainian rider Yaroslav Popovych will not ride the Giro d'Italia next season, although he finished fifth at the Italian stage race this year. The 24 year-old has been recruited by American team Discovery Channel and is reported to be planning to participate in just one Grand Tour in 2005, the Tour de France. His team leader Lance Armstrong recently said that he would take his decision whether or not he would aim for a seventh Tour de France win only in May 2005.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

We do start at the Marketplace, turn right onto Bluff and go to the stop sign (Palmer?), turn left and then right again past the golf course and alongside 255. That turns into Levee Rd. Then we take Levee to Rte B (staying to the left as it drops off the Levee) and basically follow that until Maeystown. Typically, we come back just the opposite way.

It wasnt a very hard ride. One guy decided push it harder on the way back. I was going to let him open up a real good gap and then chase him down but decided to stay with the guys that were struggling instead. While it wasnt very hard Sunday, as we get closer to being in season it can become a definite hammer-fest at times.

I don't feel I'm pushing myself that much. Certainly no more than any other year. The thing to consider is that I've been racing cyclocross for the last two months. My fitness right now is more than most of those that I ride with. When they are hurting, I'm not so much. Even with the fixie, When the pace did ramp up a little I had no problem keeping up and when there was an actual attack I jumped on the first two guys wheel and then countered them. They couldn't follow.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home