Saturday, December 04, 2004

Rode the Tour of Spain today with Joe and Darren. Darren really struggles once the road goes up. Not uncommon among those who are just starting to get into riding. If anything will expose a weakness its the hills. Joe is really struggling right now to find some fitness after his broken collarbone. He seems pretty frustrated right now but I have no doubt his form will come back. He just needs to be patient.

The ride was a little under two hours and not terribly hard in my view despite being a little hiller than what we have done lately. My legs were a little weak feeling when I tried to give some effort. That's not a good sign for tomorrow.

News Item of the Day: After being fired by the Swiss Phonak team, Olympic medalist Tyler Hamilton has promised once again that he will eventually be cleared of blood doping charges.

"I know I will be vindicated," Hamilton told The Associated Press in a telephone interview on Tuesday. "My hope is to get this past me as soon as possible. We're just waiting to have this hearing, which at the moment they haven't even set a date."

Hamilton, who tested positive for blood doping at the Vuelta a España in September, plans to contest the results at a January hearing in Colorado. He faces a possible two-year ban if found guilty.

"As for me and my family, we're ready," Hamilton told the AP. "The sooner the better.... I'll be vindicated and I'll be racing in 2005."

Viewpoint: Best of luck, Tyler.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

The Tour of Spain is an old route the St Louis Cylclones used to ride. It starts at Meramec CC, and goes south on Geyer to West Watson, to Weber Hill, cross Hwy 30, down Old Gravois, thru Downtown Fenton, left on 141, right through Gravois Bluffs, left behind the Gravois Bluffs to Saline Rd, to Diehl, to Hunning, right on Rock Creek, cross Hwy 30, right on High Ridge Rd, left on Antire, quick right on Williams Creek, right on Hillsboro-Valley Park Rd. Stay on Hillsboro-Valley Park until it dead-ends at Meramec Station, make a right and go to 141, left on 141, right on Marshall, right on Big Bend and back to Meramec CC

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home