Thursday, January 13, 2005

My heart wasn't in to doing intervals tonight but I didn't what I was going to do until I got on the bike. I popped in the videotape which was the final half of OLN's 2004 Paris-Roubaix coverage which they totally butchered followed by Amstel Gold.

My mind didn't feel like thinking so I pushed chain into my 53x14 and just pushed the big gear for an 1:10. Nothing fancy. Just a power workout.

News Item of the Day: The Tour of Qatar, starting January 31 in Doha, Qatar, will take place without Lance Armstrong. Despite of his initial plan to make his season' debut in the Middle Eastern country, the father of three chose to stay at home to keep his children.

Rated Cat. 2.1, the first race on the International calendar will therefore start off without him, but several other top level riders including Tom Boonen (Quick.Step), Robbie McEwen (Davitamon-Lotto) and Mario Cipollini (Liquigas-Bianchi) will attend. The race is part of the UCI Asia Tour and traditionally fast, as the parcours does not involve any climbs. The start and finish are located in the capital, Doha.

Viewpoint: I didnt even know Lance had planned on racing in Qatar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home