Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I went to Spinning last night and felt very good. I dont know if it was a case of pushing a smaller "gear" than normal but the legs never felt very fatigued even when putting in a good effort. Just as important, was that my breathing pattern was very good. Breathing is something I picked up on a few years ago. When my breathing pattern is good and I'm actually using my stomach rather than using my upper chest, the difference is very noticeable. I wish I could breathe well every ride some days it is natural and other days I just can't do it. And, it's not something I can think about doing. It just happens and when it does, the results are good.

News Item of the Day: Jens Voigt doesn't believe that Lance Armstrong will actually start the Tour de France this year. "Basso can win the Tour. And especially because, I still don't believe that Lance Armstrong will participate," he told the Berliner Morgenpost. "Lance knows that his streak won't last forever. And he sure doesn't want to finish in second place. If he does start, then he will win the Tour again with five minutes advantage. But I just don't believe it."

Viewpoint: I just don't get the thought process here. Voight doesn't believe Armstrong's announcement that he will race the Tour but if he does he will win by five minutes. Five minutes is a pretty comfortable win. Why then would be believe LA wouldn't race?

Then again, tonight Armstrong has pulled out of Paris-Nice to train and will re-evaluate his race program based on how he feels. Does Flanders in a few weeks now go out the window? Maybe France isn't a certainty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home