Friday, March 04, 2005

I've spent the whole week off the bike trying to let my body get over the cold. The worst came Wednesday and I've slowly improved the past two days. Now I'm left with thick, snotty drainage but I'm good enough to ride Saturday. I'll be feeling the time off though. Everything should be good by next Saturday's race.

News Item of the Day: Discovery Channel team manager Johan Bruyneel revealed on Wednesday's De Laatste Show (Belgium) that Lance Armstrong received two death threats during the 2004 Tour de France. "No-one knows this, but in the mountain time trial to L'Alpe d'Huez, an armed security guard next to me in the following car," said Bruyneel. "And there were also agents in front of Armstrong. We were terrified that day."

Viewpoint: That takes some balls and mental focus to race with a death threat hanging over you. And he turned in a halfway decent performance, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

I was just watching the OLN coverage of this stage the other day and you may remember that Phil Liggett commented on how Sheryl Crow, who was in the team car, looked "more nervous than Lance" moments before the beginning of his TT. When I first read this revelation from Bruyneel, that comment popped in to my head.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home