Thursday, February 17, 2005

With my health concerns largely out of the way I actually had a desire to get on the bike this evening and train rather than obligation.

My training wasn't particularly long. Only one hour. But I did three good 10-minute intervals. I certainly could have done more work but the last few weeks have been a little lighter than normal for workload and I didn't want to overdo it.

News Item of the Day:
FEBRUARY 17, 2005 -- CHICAGO, IL (BRAIN)--If only Lance Armstrong could be on daytime television every day. On Friday, television talk show host Oprah Winfrey challenged her viewers to beat the one-day sales record for Lance Armstrong Foundation's Livestrong bracelet. Within 24 hours, more than 900,000 wristbands sold on www.laf.org.

Lance Armstrong and his girflriend Sheryl Crow were on the Oprah Winfrey Show Friday to chat about their lives and the LAF, a cancer research and patient support group.

Winfrey's viewers handily beat the prior one-day record of 328,000, achieved Sept. 20, 2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home