Thursday, February 10, 2005

Until the last few days I never realized much truth there was in the old saying "Ignorance is bliss". Four days ago, I went and rode with not a care. If I wanted to go hard, I went hard. But ever since seeing the doctor Tuesday I'm very conscious of everything. I'm checking the blood pressure multiple times, after coming home from work, trying to get an idea of which of his readings was more accurate. I suddenly am very aware of most every little feeling in my body and wonder what this possible heart murmur will mean. Despite several people saying the heart murmur is not a big deal I can't help but wonder if he will want me to quit racing. Without warning I am face to face with maybe not being able to do what I most like to do. It's a sobering thought.

It's hard to be motivated to ride but I got on the trainer tonight. I didn't do any specific workout. I rode for 45 minutes in my 39x15. It was a brisk ride but not real hard. Enough to get the body works working pretty good

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

Hang in there Jim. I just googled on heart murmur a bit and found this. Maybe you have been searching too. It never hurts to learn as much as you can about something. Ask your doc lot's of questions. Don't hesitate to get a 2nd opinion if you have any doubts at all about his response.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home