Friday, February 04, 2005

I'm blowing off riding again tonight. Next week I ride more. Honest. Even though I said last week was a down week I promise this one is really my down week before I start riding with more desire... I hope.

Background: Since I haven't put any thoughts together as to how I became a Cat 3 I thought I would list various the places that I have ridden a bike. Looking back there has not been that many places I have ridden. States I have raced in include Missouri (of course), Illinois, Kansas, and Arkansas. States that I have ridden include Georgia, Tennessee and Alaska. I may have ridden in Kentucky as a youngster while camping with the family but I honestly don't recall.

Aside from these domestic locations I rode in Canada for a few miles as part of my bike ride in Alaska and for the past two years through the mountains in France.

Places I'd like to ride in the future include out west in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Utah, maybe the Northwest and Northeast like Vermont. Italy is definitely on the agenda, maybe Switzerland. There is an outside chance I could briefly cross into Spain while in France this summer. It would be a good distance but it might be possible.

News Item of the Day: South African Barloworld rider Ryan Cox ruled the mountain roost at the Tour of Langkawi Friday, winning a vertiginous high-hills Stage 8 and usurping the overall race lead with just two stages to go in the 10-day event.

Facing off versus the 1,716-metre, 17-kilometre ascent of the Genting climb, Cox made mincemeat of the race, never dipping into difficulty from the stage's start to finish.

At a relatively short 97.9 km, Stage 8 was nonetheless nearly all uphill, Cox shedding all but Venezuelan Jose Rujano before the day's end, the South African sprinting clear to win the stage a bike length better than Rujano. Cox now lords an 18-second advantage in the general classification ahead of a new hill test Saturday, a 164.8-km haul from Menara Kuala Lumpur to Putrajaya, Malaysia.

Viewpoint: Danielson didn't have it today, unfortunately. He's still in good position overall but his chances at victory are essentially gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home