Saturday, February 12, 2005

Another rather nice Saturday today. We had a large group of maybe 12
or 13. That number is inflated a little because we had five, I think,
Cyclones show up. We broke in three newbies again this week. As
usual, they had a pretty rude awakening to Jefferson County. They hung
pretty tough but two of them went back on Rock Creek with Aaron Johnson
while the third (Doug) soldiered on and rode out to Frisco Hill with
the rest of us. He struggled up the hills but he was determined.

Organized ride time was just shy of 3 hrs with roughly 50 minutes going
to and fro. I held back a little on the hills to give those that were
struggling a little bit of a rabbit to chase. While I did hold back
some I was not happy with the way I climbed for the second week in a
row. I can't yet tell if my technique is a little off or what the
problem might be. Not that I did badly. Marshall Rd went well so I
finished the ride strong. I let Joe set a tempo for about half the
hill, with Mark G following him. A couple hundred feet past the 270
overpass the pace seemed to slow slightly and that was my cue. I
stayed in the saddle, increased the cadence, and cruised right past
them. Neither had any response and that was a morale boost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home