Wednesday, February 16, 2005

There was no entry made yesterday. I went to Spinning and Amy led the class. I felt remarkably strong for some reason. It would be nice if you could always feel that good on a bike. My breathing was good, the legs strong and I felt spot on. Despite that I still have some small concerns with my climbing and I really do need to work on some long intervals.

My hunch is when we approach the outer road at Froze Toes and the pace picks up, as it always does, my legs won't be able to handle a LONG sustained effort in the big ring. There is only a week and a half until the race so it will be hard to get much improvement in that time. However I have done well in Columbia this winter when the pace has picked up for longer periods so maybe I could hang in there.

Yes, I am talking about doing Froze Toes with certainty. That's because I called the doc today to get my test results. My triglycerides and cholesterol are high. Thanks to my Dad's side of the family. So, I need to work on lowering those numbers. The better news is that my ECG results were all normal and he will sign my medical release for Etape du Tour. That was such a relief to hear him say "Normal" as he went down the list of heart chambers and valves that were tested.

This calls for celebration. What should I do? Maybe hammer all my teammates into the ground on a punishing ride this weekend. Just kidding.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

Jim, that's great news. I am relieved to hear it. Yes, definitly, go out and hammer big time.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home