Saturday, March 12, 2005

I'm still dealing with a little congestion that's leftover from the cold. I've been taking only minimal amounts of any medication to deal with it but I should have taken some Friday night. I wake up this morning congested and draining sinus crap. It's probably just a morning thing but not the type of thing I like to deal with on a race day. Last year, I had the same situation for this race and I got a nice 10th place against some tough Masters. Maybe I can pull off another good race.

Since we are going opposite directions of last year I drove the course a couple days ago to acquaint myself with the course. I've been fretting the finish on the lower section of the course thinking that the last turn was going to be an ugly, downhill, left turn crashfest. My fears were eased a little. What was an uphill last year didn't seem as steep when driving down the hill and there is a slight up as you enter the final turn so some speed might get scrubbed off. The mayhem potential still exists, though. I wonder where exactly they will put the finish. After the course flattens out there is a slight rise and a small flat that I would really like. I like uphill sprints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home