Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I mentally debated much of the day on whether to go to the World Championships tonight before finally deciding to skip. The left knee feels fine and the right is pretty good but still tender if I move wrong. Rather than really stress the leg by racing I went out for a neighborhood spin and am glad I didn't race. First, the knee hurt more when riding than walking around. Not bad but I would feel it while in the saddle. Out of the saddle was not so noticeable. On top of that my legs are still feeling pretty tired. If I had raced it's likely I would not have been able to keep up. A hard effort or two up that hill and I would have been shot out the back.

In all I only did 20-25 minutes of very easy riding. No sense in pushing my recovery. I'd like to be well for the Master's race Saturday but I have bigger fish to fry in July.

I figure I'll show a couple pictures I took on Sunday's ride. The first is a horse farm on, coincidentally enough, Harness Rd.


News Item of the Day: The French formation Agritubel will not dispute the Turn of France. The organizers of the Outer Loop shared their decision Tuesday, estimating that the team of Denis Leproux did not bring sufficiently of sporting guarantees. There will thus be only 21 teams at the July 2 start.

The Agritubel team remained with the gate of the Turn of France. "At the end of the 2005 Paris-Roubaix, during which the Agritubel team had had an encouraging race, the organizers had wondered about the possible participation of a 22nd team at the Tour start in Vendée. The runners of Agritubel not having
progressed at recent races, the direction of Amaury Sport Organization thus decided to stay with the 21 teams selected from the very start of the season ", announced ASO in an official statement.

"The decision should be accepted but I am disappointed, obviously", declared Denis Leproux, sporting director of Agritubel. "I do not want to make a hot statement. We will meet to see all the consequences ". Agritubel, newest of the French teams, counts in particular among its riders, Florent Brard, who finished seventh and first of the French at Paris-Roubaix, as well as the Spaniard Alberto Martinez, former winner of the Criterium Internationale.

The only wild-card thus will have been allotted, as of last October, to team AG2R Prévoyance, directed by Vincent Lavenu, who had already been selected as a wildcard to the 20 Pro Tour teams.

Viewpoint: I had read that R.A.G.T. was also thought to be possible wildcard. Based on this repor it looks like ASO was smart enough to not even consider them this year. They have done nothing for two years and should not have been in last year's race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home