Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Summer has settled in quite nicely. High in the 90's and plenty of humidity to make you untidy in a moments notice. I got tired of doing my usual stuff and decided to do some hill repeats on Hadley Hill. Hadley is a dead end road. There is a moderate sized subdivision but with no thru traffic there is little problem with cars. From the bottom there is a small rise, a flat of a couple hundred feet and then the road kicks up pretty good. The grade eases briefly in the middle before pointing up again. Near the top if flattens out again for short bit before a gradual rise for the last couple hundred feet. It's a good test.

First I did it in an easy 39x21 and snapped some pics of the climb. After that I did three climbs in each of the 16, 17 and 19. After ten ascents I had left enough sweat on the road and headed home. I think I rode okay. Nothing spectacular but better than yesterday.

News Item of the Day: DISCOVERY'S TOUR DE FRANCE TEAM
Lance Armstrong (US)
George Hincapie (US)
Jose Luis Rubiera, Manuel Beltran, Benjamin Nadal (all Spain)
Pavel Padrnos (Czech Republic)
Jose Azevedo (Portugal)
Paolo Savoldelli (Italy)
Yaroslav Popovych (Ukraine)

Viewpoint: No real surprises. Strong as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home