Thursday, August 04, 2005

Haven't written much the past couple days. This weekend I skipped Springfield and did my own training. Saturday was series of 3 minute intervals. It had been a long time since giving that kind of effort. It was hard work but the feeling that some good was coming out of that work made if worthwhile. Sunday I spent doing shorter standing sprints. After several sprints I started another, out of the saddle and approaching my top end when the bike suddenly slowed to about half speed and jerked my right hand off the bars. I stayed upright and my left arm kept me from landing on the bars. Somehow my rear wheel had come out of the dropouts. I suppose I had not tightened it down real well. Dumb mistake but it could have been much worse than the bruised forearm that I received.

Tuesday Nite "A" race went well. I wasn't overly aggressive until making a go of it with a little over a lap and a half to go. The break didn't last too long and I was swallowed up by the top of the hill. Stomach cramps limited me from catching back on to the group. I just rode out the final lap. In general, I felt good. The pace felt comfortable and closing smallish gaps was not problem. Maybe the weekend work did some good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home