Friday, July 22, 2005

I've been busy lately and haven't devoted much time here. Tuesday I did the Worlds for the first time in about 6 weeks. The first racing of any kind. I went in fully prepared to get dropped but everything worked out after the first few laps of getting my legs under me. I even got in a little break for a couple laps.

In the B race I got in another nice break with Roseberry, Weiss, O'Neal and a Clubber. This was a nice group of riders who are fully capable of staying away and we did for several laps. At one point, though, I looked back and the pack was only about 40ft back. I eased up and let a gap open between the clubber and the other three. They jumped around me. Fruitlessly in my view. Meanwhile I eased into the pack. Turns out the darn break stayed away although I think they got caught at the very end. As I sat in the pack I was kicking myself knowing that I should have been in that break. Dumb mistake but maybe I learned something

News Item of the Day: Star sprinter Alessandro Petacchi will join Domina Vacanze at the end of the season after his Fassa Bortolo team lost their sponsor. "It is with immense sadness that I announce the end of the Fassa Bortolo team at the end of 2005," said team boss Giancarlo Ferretti.

Petacchi did not enter the Tour de France as he wanted to concentrate on the world championship in September. Fabio Sacchi, Marco Velo and Alberto Ongarato are expected to move with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home