Sunday, June 26, 2005

It was frickin' hot today. Seemed like a good day to hide inside although I did go out to do a little shopping.

News Item of the Day: Lance Armstrong says he feels better than ever despite a training accident that left him bruised and battered.

Armstrong, who will retire after the Tour de France, crashed and damaged his time trial bike last Wednesday. "The unfortunate thing is I hit my head which cracked the helmet in two," said the 33-year-old Texan. "It wasn't that serious and nothing was wrong, no breaks. I feel very good on the bike and I'd even venture to say I feel better than I've ever felt." The six-times winner added: "Fortunately, I haven't felt any ill effects from the crash in terms of pedalling. I feel I'm just as fluid as I was before."

Armstrong, who finished fourth earlier this month in the week-long Dauphine Libere, said he was looking forward to his last race. "I'm excited about the Tour because I'm ready and I love the event, but at the same time I'm excited to move on and do something else with my life," he said. "I've come to the realisation that athletes can't play at the highest level forever. I'm not interested in going out on my back."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home