Monday, November 14, 2005

The local cycling message board is having it's seemingly annual discussion of the toughest climbs in the st. louis area. The JeffCo area looks to be gaining in notoriety. In past years, the west tended to get more notice but word has spread of the nastiness that lies to the south. It would be nice to have a listing of all the climbs in the area but I'm not about to do the work.

All the talk of tough climbs got me to thinking. Thinking of tough routes. What have I devised? A rough outline of the road to hell. A road that twists and turns and incorporates many of the hills of JeffCo but never climbs the same hill twice. How many hills are there? 15? 20? I count 30 hills? Maybe it is the time of year, but I fear this route. It needs a name. "The 30 Hills of JeffCo" or "Death by Hills"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home