Monday, December 12, 2005

Saturday's party at the Shark was a fun time. A little food, a lot of beer, music and some rather cool behind the scenes slides by a former 7-11 staff member. Good stuff. And, the parking lot TT on the little girls bike was good for a lot of laughs.

This, I swear, is the end of my down time. Starting tomorrow, at Spinning, I start to get serious in my prep for next year.

Next years race calendar should be coming out soon. The schedule never changes radically but I always like to see what is new, and what has disappeared. Rumor is that the Rolla Crit has passed on the Big Crit Course in the Sky. However, the Hellbender RR is still on. I also heard that Jeff City wants to do a RR on the State TT weekend. Thats about all I know in terms of changes.

I also have to decide whether to go to France again. L'Etape was cool last year and it is being offered again this year, but this coming year a trip to the Dauphine in June is being offered and that intrigues me. You still have the great riding in the Alps area. The race is expected to climb the Ventoux, the Croix de Fer, and Galibier. The actual course hasn't been announced, however. Plus, there won't the huge crowds that the Tour draws.

Viewpoint: Most Aggressive Rider Oscar Pereiro - Not so much on the flatlands but the guy was contantly in breaks if the stage went uphill at all. He was aced out by Hincapie at Pla d'Adet but kept on attacking and got his win a few days later. H was not only aggressive in the Tour but he was aggressive in the Vuelta as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

No honarable mention to Veno for most agressive rider?

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home