Monday, November 06, 2006

Checklist for Sunday's Bubba #4
Load bike in car ahead of time - Smart
Pack gear in bag ahead of time - Smart
Leave somewhat early to help with course setup - Smart
Halfway to JB, look over and realize I don't have my skinsuit - Dumb
Get home and realize you were already partially wearing the skinsuit - Dumb
Notice just before the C race that the far end of the course was not flagged or taped - Smart
Line up in front row of B race - Smart
Fall back to almost last place by the first turn - Dumb
Pass a couple people on the first uphill - Smart
Pass about 5 more on the next uphill - Smart
Realize at the top of the hill that I have popped and lose those same places on downhill - Dumb
Sit in for about 2/3 lap to gather myself - Smart
Lose complete contact with the leaders - Dumb (but nothing I could do about it)
Start passing riders again - Smart
Finish in 8th place - Smart but wishing I hadn't been quite so dumb

Sunday's race was non-technical with sweeping turns. The only somewhat tricky part was the downhill barriers. The three long(ish) uphills provided the main difficulties for the day. The rest of the course was rather fast. I stayed mistake-free except for a couple little wheel slips on the left hand turn at the bottom of the long downhill.

I'm still trying to figure exactly how I F'ed up the start so badly. I was lackadaisical and with the downhill start I got swarmed. Game over.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Yielding said...

Hey at least you did'nt have to worry about getting tangled up with my bike this time :)

Nice late race surge.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home