Sunday, April 22, 2007

Giuseppe and I went down to Prairie du Rocher Saturday. The day seemed calm when the ride started but the wind had picked while we were on the Bluffs down to Maeystown. The road to Prairie made for pretty hard riding just to go 19mph while it was easy to go 23 on the way back. I think the Bluffs were helping along that stretch of road because the crosswind started to become more noticeable as we got past Maeystown. The further north we the more the wind picked up. Then, along 255, went headlong into the wind. My mildly cramping legs did not appreciate the effort the rest of the way back to the Marketplace. My left hamstring locked up just a few hundred feet from the parking lot.
----------------
I've given zero thought to Amstel Gold. Let me think who the obvious picks might be. Boogerd, Bettini, DiLuca, Schleck, Valverde.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home