Thursday, July 05, 2007

News of the Day The past week has been rather busy and not allowing me to ride. If I really had the desire I probably could have squeezed in some ride time. but work has pretty much tied me down to staying around the phone.

Last weekend was a nice weekend of riding. Saturday was good, hard riding with a fair amount of pacelining. Someone said we did 80 miles. That seems a bit much but I have know way of knowing. Sunday, I needed to ride up to work and the other jokers I ride with were willing to join me on the scenic ride up to Bridgeton. This was certainly a different route than normal but it turned into another good ride. In an effort to try and gain some fitness, Giuseppe spent only 80% of the ride driving the pace. :-)

My groin was bothering me for much of the ride and it grew slightly, but steadily, more annoying all day. The long drag up Adams was the end of any efforts for me that day. This week's rest probably was a good thing for my groin. Sunday night my left calf was really sore. Muscle cramp soreness. I didn't really cramp up at all during the ride so it is curious that it hurt as much as it did. Four days later the calf is still a bit tight.

The Tour starts Saturday and apparently there will not be any major pre-race bombshells hit the press. The USADA, sensing a lack of scandal, has decided to finally rule on Floyd Landis' doping case Friday, one day before the Tour starts. Nice going guys. There is no better way to begin the biggest race on the calendar than by announcing that last year's winner is guilty of doping. Idiots!

Okay, okay. They have not announced his guilt yet but, if they don't, it will be a big surprise. I don't want Floyd to be guilty. Last year's race was an unbelievably stirring event. Whether you believe the test results, the procedures that were followed or anything else involved with the case, beating positive drugs is not the norm. Good luck, Floyd. I really don't want to your name to the Dope-o-Meter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home