Sunday, July 29, 2007

What a lovely summer weekend. Ninety degrees with seventy percent humidity. Yummy!!!!

You walked outside and the air was thick with moisture. Ten minutes of riding and the sweat was rolling. We finished riding Saturday and the jersey could not be any wetter and clinging to the body. Rather unpleasant.

I rode pretty well. Nothing spectacular but very solid.

Sunday I did some intervals down on the Bottoms before crossing the Meramec and setting a moderately hard pace along 141, into Fenton, then along the river road and outer road up to Bowles. Finished off the ride up Old Gravois and Kennerly.

Aside from the intervals, I pushed a bigger gear than normal. My left knee bothered me some this afternoon but it seems better now.

After a tough few weeks I like how things are progressing. There were times, like just before Soulard, where I would feel upbeat following a ride. Those good feelings were quickly smashed. The problem was those good feelings were hit and miss and not based on anything. The last couple weeks though I have sensed a real progression. My strength is growing. I can push harder for a little longer. Before, I only wanted to ride a steady pace but now I find myself pushing my limits more. The confidence is growing again with urge is to dish out some pain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bobber said...

Maybe you are getting into a groove to make a good showing for CX season?

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home