Sunday, June 08, 2008

After a week of stellar non-preparation for Winghaven, I headed over to Columbia for our regular soiree. Giuseppe and Patrice joined the party and we kept things simple and rode along the Levee down to Valmeyer. Just basic riding along the flats with a stiff wind most of the way south.

My hope was to spin the legs and not work terribly hard. Cutting through the wind, however, forced you to work. Spending all week off the bike had left me as fresh as a brown banana. As the miles went by, the legs felt a bit better but I do not have great hopes forWinghaven today.

Last year, I missed Winghaven with illness. In '06, I turned in a truly embarrassing 3 lap performance. We have a big field this year and my hope is to tuck in the pack for a while, get my legs under me and then see how things develop in the second half of the race. Today will be hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home