Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I was really tired for the last couple hours of work and didn't feel much better after getting.  Giving a pass to the Tuesday Worlds crossed my mind more than a few times.  Getting a little food in my stomach helped some but it still took a concerted effort to leave for the race.  A couple weeks ago I would not have bothered. 
 
Once I arrived at the park, I pulled out the bike and set out to do a few warmup laps.  The bike felt really bizarre with my arms and legs awkwardly stretched forward.  I reached under the saddle and noticed that it somehow had slid as far back as possible.  During the last part of RAIN it felt like I was sitting further back but I paid no attention because I had been trying to sit further back in the saddle to provide more support for the sit bones.  I wonder how much effect this odd position had on me dropping off the pace of the lead group?  Anyway, I put the saddle in a normal position before we started and once the race got going I felt okay.  I didn't do much of anything except sit in the pack and never felt terribly stressed by the pace.  If nothing else, the race got my blood flowing and woke me up a little.


Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

http://hermanncross.blogspot.com/

sign up already

3:39 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

I most likely will be signing up but could have something else going on. Not ready to commit just yet

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home