Tuesday, July 08, 2008

After some chiding from Ryan I buckled down this evening and figured out who I could and could not choose for my Tour picks. Getting right to the point, here is who I choose in no particular order:
Andy Schleck - he always seems unflappable. Even if you don't notice him, he always seems to come away with a solid finish.
Damiano Cunego - he skipped the Giro to focus on the Tour so he better do good
Roman Kreuziger - I have a bad feeling Liquigas will not let him do the full race because of his age, so this is a bit of a reach.
If I were to pick an alternate in case Kreuziger drops, I would like to see Lovkvist confirm some of his potential. I still have some doubts about his ability in the mountains though.

Ryan also requested my picks without the top 10 restrictions that I impose on myself. My picks would have been Evans, Valverde and Sastre.

Today's time trial, though, yielded some interesting results. Valverde didn't TT nearly as well as he did in the Dauphine. I can't help but wonder if he is pulling a Mayo and peaked too early. I doubt he will have the typical Mayo Tour meltdown but he may be a little off his peak. I also thought Cunego, Sastre and Nibali all put in very respectable rides

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home