Friday, June 20, 2008

The tubs are complete. The first tire went on fine. No muss, no fuss. The rear wheel was a little more troublesome. Despite the first tire going on with no problems, I thought I remembered reading a suggestion to pump the tire up a little before installation.

That was not a good idea. Three-quarters of the tire went on before the battle of rubber vs muscle ensued. I pushed, pulled, tugged, perspired, panicked and ultimately surrendered like a Frenchman.

With the drooped shoulders of a beaten man, I pulled the tire back off and proceeded to reglue the wheel. Before attempting the tire mount again I let out the air out. Sure enough, the tire went on fine just like the front wheel did.

Why didn't I just repeat what I did the first time? Dumb, dumb, dumb. But, I guess it was a learning experience that I will not repeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home