Monday, June 09, 2008

AGGRESSION!!!  Show some G.D.F'in aggression you dimwit.

Sunday's race started quickly with a strong tailwind and the usual early race testosterone pushing the pace.  Once, we turned into the wind the pace backed off we bunched but I did not take the opportunity to move up much.  Dumb, dumb, dumb.  Once we turned out of the wind, the field strung out and on the false flat atop the hill guys were getting shot off the back of the pack on the first lap.  I would come around a rider, close a gap to the next only to have him leaving another gap.  Thanks to my own laziness I was sealing my own fate by repeatedly having to chase lap after lap.  Finally, on the fifth lap the rubberband was stretched too far and I snapped.  Frustrating.

Random thoughts:
-- While driving back home I looked at some of the businesses along the highway in O'Fallon.  Progress West Medical Center... a valiant attempt to be different by not having flattish surfaces.  Instead it looks a preschooler placed uneven, gray building blocks.  The company Citi has a gray, boring building, too.  There were any number of equally bland, "modern" and anonymous designs further down the road.  Why would companies in a growing city like O'Fallon put up such life-sucking buildings.  They look like something from the eastern-bloc
 
-- The rudeness and ungrateful attitude of some racers toward those closest to them who come out to provide race support is appalling to me.  I have no use for those that behave in that manner.  They deserve to spend a hot, humid day like yesterday without any support.
 
-- God bless short shorts.


Search that pays you back! Introducing Live Search cashback. Search Now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home