Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I was reminded this weekend that I made no predictions for the Vuelta or the Tour of MO.  Frankly, I did not give it any thought.  If I had made any Vuelta picks, you can be sure Contador would have been at the top of the list.  Robert Gesink likely would have been there, too.  Beyond those two riders, I am not sure who I would have chosen.  I have paid very little attention to the Vuelta.  Rarely does it catch my fancy.  Saturday's stage up El Angliru is always interesting so I will pay attention to that.  Sunday's stage looks difficult, too. 

Trivia:  What is the other name for El Angliru?  Don't be googling the answer, scofflaws.  When the climb's inclusion in the Vuelta was first announced back in '99(?), I remember this name being used as often, if not more, than El Angliru.

Who knows how to predict the Tour of MO?  Everything will likely depend on today's time trial.  Let's hope the GC splits stay close after today and provide a reason for good, aggressive racing the rest of the week.  If he has kept his form, my odds on favorite would be Vandevelde today.  My longshot pick isn't a terribly big longshot except that he has been lost in cycling's wilderness for much of the year.  Danielson could well have a top 3 finish today.


Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live. Learn Now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home