Sunday, October 26, 2008

Race 2 (for me) of the season is upon us and I am not serene. My throat is bugging me a little and I fear another cold might be settling in just a little over a month after the last killer cold. I am questioning whether it is wise to attempt to race and possibly weakening my system.

My legs are little heavy, too. Davide came out to his first Saturday ride yesterday. After having done three rides with Davide I have come to the conclusion that he is a Giuseppe in training. Actually, he may already out do Giuseppe. He just gets on the front and goes. And goes. I'm not going say hard riding is bad in the off-season but I think I burnt half a match too much yesterday trying to keep up.

So, that brings us to today's race at Spanish Lake. The venue has never been a favorite of mine but they utilized a new section of the park last year and made it better intead of only being mostly in a big, flat field. We used a section thick grass last year that sucked everything out of your legs. I didn't much care for that part. Also, there seems to be an eternal mound of dirt that the course designers just can't resist making us go over. I really do hope that that mound is finally gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home