Wednesday, December 17, 2008

CX Nats - Friday

Friday was a rest day for the most part. Cory had decided on Thursday, that she was going to do the Masters race so we headed over to the races for some afternoon spectating. The unexpected light rain and snow on Thursday night softened the ground a little but not enough to make the ground as sloppy as midday Thursday.


There was not much rooting interest in the 40+ races except for Becky and Alane from VeloForce and Catherine Walberg from KC. Becky had a strong start and finished a respectable 11th in her age group.

The 30+ races were about cheering for Cory as long as she would last and snapping some photos. She had a decent start and was looking strong but by the end of the lap she had given all that she had and pulled out with breathing problems. The rest of time was spent cheering on Mo Bruno-Roy. I'm a sexist pig for doing it, but I can't help but cheer for the women I find attractive. Mo always seems to have this serene look on her face that only shows the effort by her eyelids closing about halfway. The fact that she is fast as heck is cool, too. Anyway, Mo kicked some serious arse and made me happy.

Friday night we went to a party/get-together at the Trek store. Miracle of miracles, we did not get lost along the way. I'm not a big fan of going to gatherings where I know no one but there was a raffle where I scored a SRAM Red T-shirt and had a free beer or two. That is better than sitting in a hotel room, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home