Monday, March 16, 2009

Beware the Ides of March?

Frankly, the Ides did not frighten me at all. Yesterday's Forest Park race was the kick off to my road season after being unable to attend Froze Toes and bailing out of Tues Nite because of the potential rain.

My lower back was feeling a little fatigued after helping with course setup earlier in the day but, in general, I felt well enough to do some work. After a pretty awful year last year, I just wanted to contribute a little to the team effort. Getting my old bones moving took a few laps but I gradually moved up jumped on a few wheels and closed down a couple breaks that the team had missed out on. Solid, if unspectacular, work. The downside was getting shuffled back in the pack with three to go and not lending a hand in the finale.

The backside of the course seemed strangely slow. There was a tailwind and that uphill can only be called, in the grandest terms, a false flat. The team did well with a 3rd and a 9th and a couple primes so the folks got to split a little money and nobody stabbed a teammate in the back like Brutus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home