Saturday, February 06, 2010

The start of February is the worst time of year for me. It's been two months since I have raced. It has been cold, wet, dark and dreary and the weekends, my only refuge from the trainer, have not been good either. Frankly, I am mentally drained and dread hopping on the trainer.

Adding to my distress is that the race season starts in three weeks. Yes, it is only Froze Toes, but the start of season is still the start of the road season.

I should have ridden outside today but I opted for the trainer again because I wasn't sure about the condition of the roads in IL. The trainer workout went well but I absolutely cannot ride the trainer again tomorrow and still keep my sanity. Even though it will be colder than today, my mind needs a break. Four hours in the fresh air will do wonders for me.

February is still winter but, in general, the weather slightly improves throughout the month. And, hopefully, my attitude will be improving starting tomorrow.

I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home