Monday, January 16, 2012

Sunday

Giuseppe, Patrice and I met in Columbia for a shortish ride yesterday. We did our frequent Waterloo loop. I was short on time so this worked well since it typically lasts about 1:45. The length of the ride means that we usually keep the pace fairly brisk.

The wind was out of the south which meant much of the first half of the ride was into the wind. Of course, being the procrastinator I am, my bike continues to have shifting problems which leaves me with two gears... big ring... small ring. And, let's face it, when faced with big ring vs small ring I will be in the big ring.

I felt pretty good but not spectacular. You rarely feel great when you are grinding up hills in too big of a gear. Giuseppe was laying on the praise pretty thick and acting like I was Jens Voigt driving the peloton for miles on end at 28mph. The wind and gearing issued left me satisfied with looking at the ride as a solid strength workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home