Thursday, January 05, 2012

Two days to Nationals

When registration for Nationals opened, the USA Cycling website, originally, only let me register for the "B" Non-Championship race. I reluctantly did so, even though the race was on Wednesday.

I went back to the website an hour later and it then let me register for the Masters Championship race on Saturday. I don't like wasting an entry fee for a race I did not participate in, but traveling tomorrow (Friday) and staying the weekend is much better than being in Madison from Tuesday night through Sunday afternoon/evening.

All that is simply background information. Yesterday, I looked at the starting grid for what would have been my race. Unbelievably, they had given me a front row (number 5) starting position. How did that happen?

Seeing that starting spot almost makes me wish I had gone up. However, I have a talent for screwing up even front row starting spots. One this is almost certain. I will NOT have a front row spot on Saturday morning. Put $10 on it. Or as Mitt Romney might say, "I bet you $10,000"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home