Friday, January 06, 2012

1 day to Nationals

Im safely ensconced in the hotel room, laying on the bed as I type. The highs today in Madison were 50-51, depending on the electronic signs that you would see on the roadside.

We drove by the race course and doing packet pickup. Not much of the course was visible but all reports are it is rather muddy. But, the forecast is low temps of about 29 so my hunch is that I will be racing on a rather frozen course with a lot of ruts from today's racing. It should be interesting.

I am racing a bit out of my league, up here. My goal, if any, is to beat USA Cycling's predicted finish for me. USAC predicts that I will finish 66th of the 73 pre-registered riders. Anything better than that and I will be satisfied. 65th place wont make necessarily make me happy but I can live with beating the prediction. Ideally, I would like to crack the top half of the field. Even Top 50 will be okay.

Until tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home