Friday, January 10, 2014

I'm back

I'm back

After a few years of having neglected this blog, I have to decided to try and write down my random thoughts and feelings again.

Why? Because I am viewing this year as a new beginning.

For a few years, I have drifted aimlessly in terms of my racing. I suffered from a general lack of motivation and found it too easy to not train. I was not a total sloth. When I did ride, I rode with some purpose but in the big picture it was just enough to hang around in many races and get dropped in quite a few others but I would usually rebound a purpose late in the year and have a decent CX season. This was my first full year in the A race at our local CX series. I had expected to not do terribly well but I wanted to at least, be at a level similar to the 2nd half of 2012, when I moved up to the A's. That did not happen. More often than not I got lapped. Something that only happened once the year before.

On top of my sub-par performances, I also crashed in August at State Crit. And, then, during the last month of the CX season I believe I crashed at every race at least once. By the end of the year, I beat up and broken down physically and mentally.

While I was broken down, I was also pissed off with a new determination to not let this type of season happen again in 2014.

And, lastly, I'm returning to the team I raced with for 18 years. My return seems like as good a reason as to fire up the old blog again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home